As a Customer Service Team Member, you will be the first point of contact for MOTAT customers; the friendly face that greets our visitors at front of house and starts their museum experience. As someone who has been in a customer service role in the past you understand the value of great service, have cash handling experience, and always do “that little bit extra” so that customers come back time and time again.
Key accountabilities in this role are to:
- Staff the front-of-house areas at MOTAT, welcome visitors, and complete transactions through the MOTAT shop.
- Assist all visitor and telephone enquiries in a prompt, efficient, and helpful manner.
- Correctly process Museum admissions and sales, including the operation of the EFTPOS machine.
- Ensure that the MOTAT shop is kept clean and tidy on a daily basis – you will be asked to complete regular cleaning in accordance with a cleaning roster.
This is a full-time, fixed-term role through to the end of June 2018 due to the short-term needs of the team.
We would like to hear from you, if you:
- Have experience handling cash and processing EFTPOS and Computerised POS transactions.
- Have worked in a front-line retail or tourism environment – if you have worked in a museum environment, even better.
- Confidently deal with visitors over the phone and face-to-face.
If you love working with people and are a retail superstar, this job is for you!
Click here for the Position Description
Along with joining a team of passionate and capable people, you will also get Birthday Leave, additional KiwiSaver contributions, and a MOTAT annual pass for you and your family.
The normal hours of work will be 40 hours per week, Sunday to Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm.
Apply now and bring your skills to the Museum and be part of the MOTAT Team!
Closing Date: 8 October 2017