Permanent Full Time
Te Whenua Hou (Eyrewell), North Canterbury
Kia hiwa rā!
Ngāi Tahu Farming’s Dairy operation currently consists of seven dairy farms on 2,150 hectares of irrigated pasture at Te Whenua Hou (Eyrewell), half an hour north of Christchurch. These farms are developed to a high standard with a 64 bale fully automated rotary shed, utilising the Protrack management system. Each of the farms operates a fully pivoted irrigation system, which also spreads effluent, and utilises a number of other best-practice technologies.
We currently have an opportunity for a Dairy Farm Assistant to join the team on Farm Timutimu. The farm is located on Carleton Road, is 275 hectares, milking 910 cows and has four full time kaimahi (employees) plus additional casual support when required.
What Ngāi Tahu Farming can offer successful applicants:
- Top quality infrastructure and housing;
- Farm systems which utilise best practice technologies and target top 20% performance;
- 5 days on, 2 days off roster, 6 on 2 off roster during calving and mating;
- Great opportunities for learning and career progression;
- Personal development program with a supportive team environment;
- Competitive remuneration including health and life Insurance.
What we expect from successful applicants:
- A minimum two years’ experience on a New Zealand dairy farm;
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and progress;
- A commitment to Ngāi Tahu Farming’s high standards and protocols;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Enjoyment of the farming lifestyle;
- Knowledge and respect for Māori cultural values and Tikanga (customs);
- Strong awareness of and affinity for the needs and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu Whānui.
Ngāi Tahu Farming is committed to kia hoki ora atu; ensuring everyone is home safe every day, so before starting with us, you will go through a range of checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
We will consider and actively encourage internal and external secondments. To apply, please follow the link below and submit your application online. For confidential enquiries, please contact Amanda Davison, People and Development Advisor on 03 974 0088 or email@example.com .
Please note: You will not be able to apply from a mobile device and your resume should not exceed 1MB in size.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!