If you are serious about developing your accounting career within the construction industry and are open to learning, then this may just be your ideal role! As a CAANZ approved Training Organisation, HEB Construction (HEB) is able to offer support to the successful incumbent through the Accounting Technician (AT), Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) or Chartered Account (CA) pathways. A competitive salary is on offer for this role.
HEB is a New Zealand civil construction contractor with its Head Office in Auckland and permanent regional bases in Hamilton, Tauranga, Blenheim and Christchurch. It currently employs 800+ people and is a wholly owned subsidiary of VINCI, a global player in concessions and construction.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the effective and timely performance of all aspects of the accounts payable function. The role will initially be based at Head Office in Drury but will evolve during the course of 2018 and be based on site at one of our major projects on the North Shore.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Invoice data entry and import
- Supplier account reconciliation
- Automatic payments
- Batching payments
- Weekly and monthly reconciliations
Key targets include:
- Achieving the daily requirement of data entry into the accounts system – all invoices received in the day’s mail entered by close of business
- Ensuring all approved invoices are reconciled and put out for payment by company deadlines
- Ensuring payment batches are ready on time for payment
- Ensuring the accounts have been correctly used and the profit and loss result is the same at the job cost and general ledger level
Qualifications/Experiences you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting / Finance
- Numeracy and reconciliation skills
- Data entry skills – alpha numeric, fast and accurate
- Office administration experience
- Advanced level computer skills using Excel
- Current drivers licence
The ‘person specification’ looks like this:
You’re in daily contact with a great many people both on and off site so your communication and inter-personal skills are second to none! You’re a mature communicator who knows how to be constructive in approach to get the best out of people. Being positive with a great attitude towards your work and the people you rub shoulders with every day comes naturally to you. You are also a great team player but have no difficulty in working autonomously when the work you are doing calls for it.
Don’t hesitate! If this sounds like you, click on ‘apply now’ and follow our online registration process to apply for this role. If you want to be part of the HEB family who celebrate success, promote innovation and encourage personal growth, look no further. We cannot wait to hear from you!