- Three opportunities available on MBIE’s ICT management team supporting three customer groups
- Promote and champion a joined-up approach to the delivery of services to our customers
- Working with the business group senior leadership to transform project delivery, applying rapid innovation methodologies where appropriate.
MBIE’s ICT branch provides valuable services to our business customers. Under the leadership of a new CIO we have taken the opportunity to implement a new operating model which puts the customer at the centre of what we do. A new structure will optimise the delivery of ICT services, strengthen our vendor relationships and ensure we are ready to navigate an ever-changing digital world. As a result of this change we have a number of opportunities available to join our team.
About the role
In these critical leadership roles reporting to the Deputy CIO Customer Delivery, you will be aligned with a key customer group and deliver and maintain key technology enablers in support of their strategic objectives. You will bring your business understanding, strategic capability, operational experience and the ability to work in partnership with senior managers and leaders to deliver results for your customers.
These are ICT management roles where you will take responsibility for the management of people and the activity in their teams, focused on the needs of your specific business/customer group. You will work to complement the customer group capability to deliver to the business priorities.
As part of this critical delivery function, this position is responsible for:
- Planning and delivery of ICT in support of business transformation
- Ensuring their delivery teams activities are consistent with an all-of-MBIE approach
- Developing a deep understanding of short-medium term technology needs
- Owning the end-to-end delivery of projects and services required to meet those needs
- Working with business group senior leadership to transform project delivery, applying rapid innovation methodologies where appropriate
This role promotes and champions a joined-up approach to the delivery of services to our customers.
The 3 positions available will be looking after the following business groups:
- Corporate, Governance and Information, Finance & Performance and Office of the Chief Executive
- Immigration New Zealand
- Market Services, Labour, Science & Enterprise and Building, Resources & Markets,
Skills and experience
- Proven experience leading teams who deliver large scale, high cost, business-critical programmes of ICT work
- An ability to construct a cohesive plan across all the elements of a technology-enabled business
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and develop trust and credibility with managers, staff, vendors and other stakeholders
- Experienced in developing solutions to solve complex organisational problems
- Ability to influence and lead work through others to get the best outcomes where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Ellie Lockhart at firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to MBIE/1299528 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 16 October 2017.