This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
MUST HAVE: Full Working Rights in New Zealand
- 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Strong Microsoft Operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers and Handhelds
- Diploma or Engineering degree along with MSCE or CNE qualification
- Broad experience of IT with basic understanding of Networks, Servers and Telecoms
- Strong Customer service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Basic Background security check required
- Preferred experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
Resource will provide
(a) Medium-level analysis and technical support for customers and their networked computers and peripherals.
(b) Interface with multiple levels of end users, management, VIPs and local technical staff.
Duties include (but not limited too)
- Dedicated and Dispatch engineer roles may vary for on-site requirements but not in skill sets and ability.
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding basic network/desktop/laptop support, Printers, PDAs, Blackberrys, and LAN cable drops
- Break-fix, troubleshoot and resolve software issues; Reimaging computers/hard drives
- IMACD function including installation and decommission
- Support the user in local data backup and restore as per the documented process.
- Assist Service Desk/Remote Desktop Support teams for hands and feet coordination efforts
- Assist on Incident and Problem management activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests (Incidents) and service requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information
- Move equipment within the premises associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Maintain spare parts/ inventory list on a monthly basis and coordinate for any disposal requisites
- Provide support, setup, test, training, logistics and maintenance of all required Workstation and peripheral equipment at the site.
Job Type: Full-time